Thursday, April 07, 2005

Mongolian Shitique

The new Ghengis Khan Mongolian BBQ opened up in Midland. I love Mongolian BBQ, so today I hit it for lunch with the boss and the little boss.

So did everyone else in Midland. If I would have known that I would be waiting 20 minutes in line to get my stuff on the grill I would have just went to my amigo Billy Bone's new BBQ joint.

Food wasn't bad, but service sucked and the interior design of the restaurant obviously didn't take into consideration the grotesque lunchtime rush.

A good friend of mine's brother manages the joint, but I wasn't able to try to schmoozle my way in for a free meal.

And, they charged me $3.99 for the little boss, who ate a handful of rice and two spoonfuls of my soup.

Maybe in a few months it'll calm down, but right now I say it's just not worth it. BD's Mongolian in Traverse City remains the best place to go, simply because there aren't any crowds there with the insane, Darwinian eatery competition up there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What is a mongolian grill?